flower

Due to the difficulties in lining up the hand drawn sample pattern i decided to use a CAD file, to improve portability and accuracy etc . Much to my surprise – this actually didn’t help as i discovered that the inaccurate lining was due to the difference of the black (prominently black/colour) and the white (mainly white/little  colour)  pattern squares as they had a different square outline, and gave the impression that the pattern was off.

I tried various positioning of the different squares, which i felt added some added variation and a level of complexity in the pattern, however as the fabric was being designed for furniture i felt the eccentricity had to be toned down to advertise its design and material qualities; in this case maybe less is more.

flower2flower1

 

Advertisements